Tejashree's 'Zoka' on the cloud nine
'Uncha Maza Zoka' a popular T.V. Serial Zee Marathi is celebrating
its 100th episode.
On the eve of special episodes we decided to meet the child artist Tejashree
Walawalkar, who is playing the main role of Ramabai. Tejashree looks very cute and her natural acting talent is admired by one and all.
She is studying in Pune, at a well-known school 'Hujurpaga' in sixth standard. It
was six o'clock in the evening and it was a pleasant moment to see 'Ramabai' in
school uniform, as she had just returned from the school.
We congratulated her on behalf of marathimovieworld.com, for completing 100
episodes and becoming popular among not only Marathi. But even in non Marathi
Almost a year ago, we had met her at premiere show of her 1st marathi movie
'Aaji Ani Naat' at Prabhat Talkies. She had played the role of a child artist born with
silver spoon in mouth, pampered but starving for love of grand mother. At that time,
we felt that her selection for such role was perfect. And now, watching little but matured Ramabai Ranade, in nine yard saree and in that typical old Hairstyle, gives a feeling that she is fit
for the role. This success is all because of her natural acting and innocence.
Many questions were peeping in the mind but considering her age and to make her
comfortable, we started our chat with few casual questions. Even, her mother and
grandfather joined us.
Q. Tejashree, at the time of selection did you know how many days shooting
schedule was planned for your role?
- Yes, original duration was two months. Then it became 4 months at the time of
final screen test and since serial became very popular, my shooting is going on, even after 6 months.
Q. Did you prefer to stay in Mumbai all along?
- No! 3-4 days in Mumbai for shooting and remaining in Pune. That is my weekly
schedule. Mummy or Daddy accompany me.
Q. In the serial, you are learning to write alphabets, but what about your studies in real life?
- I am very particular about my studies. While in Mumbai, I try to cover one subject daily, while on the set, whenever I am free and make up for my missed lessons after returning home. My friends and teachers help me to cover the backlog. For last two-three years. I have been participating in many extra curricular activities viz- Dance, music, drama, fashion show etc. I am used to study besides managing other activities. My Mummy says, “Management of all the activities besides studies, since childhood days, is very important”.
|Q. Till now, you have participated in short films, documentaries , serials. Your Marathi film 'Aaji ani Naat' made a record of 100 days at Prabhat Talkies. But how did you get the first break?
- (Tejashree's mother intervenes) Acting, is her inborn talent. We could judge it, when she was in primary school. She used to write, Direct, and act in skits, during school 'Gatherings'. She has bagged many prizes for acting, from the school. To give her a boost, we prepared her 'Portfolio' and approached few people in the field. After some time, , she got a chance to act in short films, produced by Film Institute students. She was offered small roles in few serials and her selection in Marathi film 'Aaji ani Naat' was Philip to her career.
Q. We are curious to know, how Tejashree was selected for 'Ramabai's role.
- ( Tejashree’s Mother) She was selected out of more than 100 clips of child artistes. Her tone and her expressions turned out to be the assets, due to which she was selected in final screen test. Her maturity proved as an additional qualification.
Q. Tejashree, did you like the role at the beginning? Are you not fed up of nine yard saree and Hair Style ?
- I liked the role very much. Now, I can wear nine yard saree, on my own. This role is very uncommon type. Mahadevrao and Ramabai Ranade are founder members of my school. My acting is praised by everybody in the school. I get applause and co-operation where ever I go. So, I am happy.
Q. Do you get upset, if the director is not happy with your shot and asks for more retakes?
- Our director Virenji, is a very nice person. He gives me script to read. I try to understand the meaning of each and every word and then give my shot. Hardly, he asks me to change my expressions or tone. Retakes are very rare. Sometimes, it’s time taken for light arrangements, which is more than my actual shot time.
Q. ( To Tejashree’s mother) You have arranged few fashion shows. What is the motive behind it?
- 'Vrindavan Kala Pratisthan' organized few fashion shows, one of which was on a grand scale. Along with Tejashree, 140 children participated in it at Ganesh Kala Krida Manch. The motive behind it was to offer stage appearance to upcoming artists. Develop their personality and make their parents happy. The response was overwhelming.
Q. What is your future plan if you get more offers? What is your ambition?
- ( Tejashree’s Mother answers..) If she gets a role, where there is scope for her acting or the story demands the character, then we will accept it. Basically, she is interested in making a career in Direction.
Tejashree says, she wants to work with Amir Khan and Amitabhji !
Oh really? - That’s nice!
'Tathastu' ! Our best wishes are with you. Best Of Luck
by Medha Sathe © MMW